Ancestors Research South Africa requires members to read and accept before accessing our databases and records.
“Ancestors Research South Africa” means the South African Genealogy website located at https://www.ancestors.co.za
“Member” means a person who is either a free or paid member and has a purchased a valid one, three, six or twelve month membership
“you” refers to a any free or paid member of Ancestors Research South Africa
“we” refers to Ancestors Research South Africa
1. These terms and conditions of use are a binding contract between the member and Ancestors Research South Africa so it is important that that you read and familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions to ensure that you understand and accept them.
2. If you access any information on Ancestors Research South Africa, we will take this to mean you have read and understand these terms and conditions of use and agree to them. Please note that if you do not agree with any provision contained in these terms and conditions of use then please do not access this website in any way.
3. By accessing Ancestors Research South Africa and/or the content contained on the website you represent and warrant that you are of full legal age / are emancipated / have your guardian’s consent to enter into a contract being these terms and conditions of use.
4. You are required to register on this website and become a paid member if you wish to access certain sections of this website. If you choose to register, you will do so using a registration form available on this website. Once registered you will be able to log into your account using your selected user name and your password.
5. Members may access the Ancestors Research South Africa use the images, information, data and other content for personal family history research only.
6. No third party look-ups for other people will be allowed or tolerated and persons will be immediately blocked permanently without any refund.
7. On the expiry of your one, three, six or twelve month membership your access on Ancestors Research South Africa will be terminated and you will need to re-subscribe again to another membership.
8. Ancestors Research South Africa is offered on an “as is basis” and we do not accept responsibility for any use of or reliance on the website, content or service, or for any disruptions to or delay in the Service.
9. Ancestors Research South Africa may add new features and modify or even discontinue existing features without notice to you and this will be at our sole discretion.
10. If you believe that information or content posted to this website infringes on any person’s rights in any way, you undertake to notify Ancestors Research South Africa immediately;
11. If you as a member believe or have reason to believe that the security of your registration on Ancestors Research South Africa has been compromised in any way, you undertake to notify Ancestors Research South Africa immediately.
12. Members shall be held fully responsible for any misuse or compromise to your account that Ancestors Research South Africa is not properly notified about.
13. If Ancestors Research South Africa has reason to believe that security violations have occurred in association with your account, then Ancestors Research South Africa reserves the right to suspend access to your account pending an enquiry and resolution.
14. Ancestors Research South Africa undertakes to not disclose personal information unless the person from whom the personal information is collected, consents to this disclosure.
15. Ancestors Research South Africa shall only disclose personal information without your consent where we are required to do so by law.