Situated in the quaint missionary village of Wupperthal nestled in the Cederberg Mountains we find the graves of the Liepioldt family and other well know local families such as Salomo, Schmolke, Strassberger, Titus and Valentyn
Loxton is in the magisterial district and division of Victoria West, 84 km west of Victoria West, 68 km south-east of Carnarvon and 126 km north of Beaufort West. In 1899 the N.G. Kerk bought the farm Phezantefontein, owned by A. E. Loxton, for £3 750 and established the village of Loxton and a new congregation on it. In 1905 the original village council was superseded by a municipality. Water for domestic use is obtained from boreholes and for irrigation from a storage dam fed by a natural spring. During the excessive floods in the North-Western Cape in March 1961 the dam above the town burst and caused great damage. An emergency committee collected 175 000 for reconstruction and relief of the distressed. Eleven new houses were built and three-quarters of the buildings had to be restored. The town is the centre of a progressive sheep-farming area.
Citrusdal is a growing town in the magisterial district and division of Clanwilliam, on the right bank of the Olifants River, approximately halfway between Piketberg and Clanwilliam, (788 km) by the national road north-east of Cape Town. Citrusdal was established in 1797 by the N.G. Kerk to serve the Upper Olifants River valley, which is well known for its delicious oranges from which the name of the town is derived. On 7 March 1975 it became a municipality. Water for domestic use and for irrigation is pumped from the Olifants River into two large reservoirs. A large citrus co-operative packs thousands of cases of oranges annually for the export market, and there is also a winery. The village has two churches, a high school and a hospital.
This cemetery is in the centre of Clanwilliam, situated between Visser Street and Main Street. The church was completed on 13 Feb 1865 and consecrated on 7th Oct 1866. The original church was extended with a nave between 1874 and 1876. The church was designed by Sophia Gray, the wife of Bishop Robert Gray of Cape Town in 1865. Numerous soldiers graves can be found in this cemetery.
Augsburg Cemetery is situated in the road going out of Clanwilliam on the left hand side towards the Pakhuis Pass. You will find people such the Tolla Van Der Merwe, the Strassburger, Bergh and Leiplodt families buried here
Keimoes is a town on the north bank of the Orange River in the Gordonia district, 43 km by rail and road south-west of Upington, on the railway from Upington to Kakamas and the road from Upington to the Augrabies Falls . The town, which was proclaimed a municipality in 1949, is the seat of an additional magistrate. It has tarred streets and an ample water-supply from the Orange River. Electricity is supplied by the municipal power-station. The chief products of the surrounding farms are Lucerne, fruit (among which the Keimoes peach is well known for canning purposes), raisins and sultanas. Keimoes is the Hottentot equivalent of Grootfontein, from Namagei (great) and mus (fountain or, literally, eye, as in Afrikaans for the fountain-head of a stream).
Kenhardt is situated 710 km south of Upington and 74 km west of Putsonderwater, the nearest station on the De Aar -Upington railway. A special magistrate and border police force were sent to Kenhardt in 1868 to serve as a bulwark against the Koranas, and for a long time it was the most remote White settlement in the North-Western Cape. As a town it was founded on the Hartbees River in 1886, while the Ned. Geref. Kerk established a parish there in 1889. Nothing is known about the origin of the name Kenhardt, although half a dozen untenable theories have been offered. A village management board was established in 1887, attaining municipal status in 1909.
Lamberts Bay Cemetery is on the R364 as you approach the town on the left handside of the road. The town is is a small fishing town in the Western Cape province of South Africa situated 280 kilometres (170 mi) north of Cape Town. It is part of the Cederberg Municipality.
The coast town has been proclaimed 'the Diamond of the West Coast' because of its white beaches, wildlife and lobsters. Although primarily a fishing town it has become a significant tourist attraction on the West Coast due to its moderate all-year climate.
Nieuwoudtville is in the Calvinia district, 70 km north-west of Calvinia and 50 km north-east of Vanrhynsdorp, on the Bokkeveld escarpment which is surmounted by Van Rhyn's Pass.
The village was established on land bought by the N.G. Kerk in 1897 from the Nieuwoudt brothers. Some of the houses along the Groen River where these Nieuwoudts lived are still to be seen. The environs are sometimes called the 'Boland of the NorthWest', because the local rainfall is remarkably higher than in the rest of the district. Although some bush (rooibos) tea and an appreciable quantity of cereals are harvested, sheep are the main source of income. An old horse-mill may be seen in the town.
This Cemetery was closed in the 1970's and many of the headstones were moved to Maitland Cemetery where some of them can be found here.
St. Johns Cemetery is located on Church Street, just around the corner from the Wynberg Magistrate’s Court. The cemetery consists of three sections, the Anglican, Methodist and Dutch Reformed and is no longer used for burials. It contains an immense wealth of historical families from the Cape who are buried here. The cemetery gate remains locked at all times. However, members of the public may check out the key during business hours at the AVBOB Funeral Home which is located in front of the cemetery in Church Street.
Sutherland was founded in 1855 as a church and market town to serve the area's sheep farmers. By 1872 the town had a population of 138 registered citizens living in 19 houses. The large Dutch Reformed church in the centre of Sutherland was built in 1899.
During the Anglo Boer War the church was used as a fort by garrisoned British soldiers. During the war a number of engagements between British and Boer forces occurred in the town. In one such engagement a force of 250 Boer commandos attacked the local British garrison for 10 hours. The ruins of a fort can be found on the outskirts of town on the hill called Rebelskop. This was named after this engagement