Ancestors South Africa Family Tree & Genealogy Research
Search for Your Ancestors
Freckles can be on anyone no matter the background. However, having freckles is genetic and is related to the presence of a dominant gene variant. Use ancestors.co.za to trace your roots and find out more about your genetic makeup.
What I Do
Ancestors Research helps many clients with challenging and problematic South African Family Trees and history as well as difficulties in tracing their family trees and providing genealogy research for those people who cannot do it themselves or simply don’t have the time. Using online and offline resources, my expertise will provide you with the answers you are looking for. I have over 30 years of experience as well as a passion for helping you reach your family history objectives, no matter big or small.
The first step to achievement is working out how I can help you reach your goals and find those missing links. Are you hitting brick walls? You cannot get back any further than a particular person? I will find out from you the information that you already have and evaluate how much time the project will take, and explain what results can be expected.
We are partners in this. I know that the finest way to help you reach objectives is to work as a team. We started by reviewing the research you’ve done. Then, we’ll share our findings along the way, so you can ask questions, assess your goals, and see the progress we’ve made.
Let’s get Started
My expertise offers research mainly from the following repositories and documents ordered from the following resources:
Anything – please ask as I am sure I can do it.
Before I engage in private research with you I will need to know the following answers before I begin.
- Have you used a private researcher before? If so, please provide evidence of findings as well as the researcher’s name as I don’t want to repeat unnecessary research.
- Why do you want this research done? Is it purely for interest? Adoption? medical reasons, family rumour, visa or immigration reasons, or long-lost relatives?
- Costs: These differ considerably from researcher to researcher and there is no hard and fast rule as to what the charges will be and nor is there a governing body that oversees them. When paying a researcher, it is important to remember that you are not paying for the information as most of it is in the public domain, but you are paying for their time, petrol, photocopying, parking, emails, etc.
Each client has different needs, so each research job is tailored specifically for that client. Remember that you will be required to pay generally 50% upfront and the rest on completion It is important to remember that I will not always be able to find what you are looking for – if there are no records for your ancestors then there are none.
Don’t expect me to provide you with a family tree going back to Adam and Eve, most families are lucky enough to have recorded documentation going back 100 years – more than that you are very lucky. A pedigree, descendant, and ascendant charts are also available on request at an additional cost which are provided in PDF format for printing. High-quality digital photographs are provided with results where possible as well as a written report.
- This is not a free service as you will be paying for my time and expertise as a professional.
- I cannot tell you if you are adopted
- I cannot tell you what time you were born
- I am not an oracle or a fortune teller
Please email me if are ready to trace your ancestors.