Kleinmond Cemetery is situated in the town of Kleinmond which is a coastal town and holiday resort with a small fishing harbour in Sandown Bay, between Gordon’s Bay and Hermanus, in the Caledon district. The founder of Kleinmond was P. K. Albertyn, minister of Caledon, who built the first seaside cottage there. It was proclaimed a township in 1929 and named Kleinmondstrand, being situated at the `small mouth’ of the Bot River, which for most of the year forms a lagoon. Kleinmond became a municipality in 1959 and the next year the name was shortened to Kleinmond. Besides a hotel and numerous seaside cottages, there are three camping sites, at the Palmiet River mouth, Fairy Glen and Kleinmond respectively. The neighbourhood is renowned for its wild flowers, and the beautiful rocky coastline is ideal for angling. The place became more widely known as being the setting of Hans-die-Skipper, the most famous novel of D. F. Malherbe, who had his seaside cottage here.